Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Air Conditioners and Satellites

Heat triggered the initial events
and also the resistance
it spread from
region to region causing
the turning on and off
of air conditioners and fans.

We were driving down 494
I turned the lights off to see the stars.
He made me pull over.
He was a friend or at least on his way.
When I leaned over to see where he was pointing,
claiming it was Orion’s belt,
I felt his hips press forward
thats when I turned away.
A real riddle of the Sphinx.
No avoiding this disoriented detaching,
I felt something sad and awful
straining around the edges of my mouth
surface in my eyes.
Thats when I turned the brights back on.

The little power that remained
even after the night fell
caused only the artificial
satellites to become visible.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"you can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing"